Hi everyone!
In the past few days I have learnt that snow and London don't go well together. It has been crazy trying to do anything at all, let alone trying to get home... Today I spent the whole day walking from station to station, queueing in airports, waiting for some news about my flight, all while carrying a 31 kg suitcase. All of this because Eurostar decided to cancel loads of their trains and not let me get on my train because there were too many people waiting. They were right about too many, though: all the way through the station and outside, up until the British Library, people were waiting to get on a train, in the freezing cold. I decided to walk back to my hall, or maybe 'slide back' is a better way to describe it, because an 8 hour wait wasn't really my idea of a good day. I ended up taking a plane today, for which I had to take 3 trains and queue for another 2 hours to check in, but I got home safely and that's really all that matters.
The past week I've had loads of Christmassy fun: I went to Covent Garden, I went to a Christmas A Capella concert by All the King's Men - King's all male a capella group, check them out on Youtube! - , had snowball fights, fell a lot while trying to walk on icy roads and bought Christmas presents for the family. I also saw Dirty Dancing, the Musical, and ended up being in a 'I-can-touch-you'-distance from Johnny, the actor, who played Johnny, Patrick Swayze's character. And I knew the show was worth it when he walked in and said: Nobody puts baby in a corner!
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten